Register for the Christmas Crawl
Myers Park United Methodist Church | 12/14/2020 - 12/19/2020 All Day
Christmas Crawl, December 19, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. During this season when many things are different, let’s create a new special memory together as a church f amily. Register here for a time slot to attend our first-ever Christmas Crawl and carol with a small group, led by song leaders from our choir, through our church neighborhood. Masks are required for the entirety of the event. Enjoy special Christmas lights and handbell music, and pick up an ornament kit from Children’s Ministries and a surprise gift from Missions. You will also be able to pick up Love Feast elements from the Youth.
- How will we maintain social distancing and COVID safety protocols?
- Everyone will be required to stay masked at all times. This includes participants, volunteers, staff, and musicians. We have strategically created timeslots for registration as a means to help be mindful of how many people we expect to participate. We have also designed the route so that you can walk your caroling route, finish in front of the sanctuary, then walk by our children, youth, and missions areas before returning to your car.
- Are children allowed?
- Absolutely! We do advise a stroller for infants and toddlers. For safety purposes, since we will be near parking lots and roads we encourage stroller usage, babywearing, and hand-holding with small children. We will have police to help direct traffic and crossing any roads.
- Are dogs allowed?
- While we love our four-legged friends, we ask that you leave them home for this event.
- Is this caroling where we will be knocking on doors?
- No – we will not be knocking on doors. We will be strolling on the sidewalks singing and enjoying the festivity of being together (even though distanced physically). We hope some neighbors might come out to wave and enjoy the merriment.
- How long will the event be?
- From the start of your route to the closing bells and singing at the sanctuary – we anticipate it lasting around 30 minutes. We ask that you continually move through your route and the stations at the church so that we can safely have more people participate without creating a crowd. A volunteer may ask you to keep moving just so that we can ensure more people can participate safely.
- Where can I park?
- All of our Myers Park UMC parking lots will be open for parking. The main drive-thru portico will be closed as we will have booths set up there. Myers Park Presbyterian has given us permission to use the parking at their church and recreation center as well.
- I’m a volunteer – do I need to register?
- If you have signed up to volunteer with an MPUMC staff person, you do not need to complete the registration on Eventbrite. Please consult the staff person you have worked with for further information specific to the ministry you are serving with.
If you have another question not answered here – please email Jessica Dayson at email@example.com or Taylor Pryde-Barefoot at firstname.lastname@example.org